Get Your Passport

How to Apply

First-time Applicants (age 16 and over): 

  • Applicants for U.S. passports must be U.S. citizens.
  • All applicants MUST appear in person.
  • Applicants age 16 and over must personally sign their passport application.

Minor children under age 16: 

  • Children under age 16 must apply in person, following the same procedure as first-time applicants. 
  • Both parents must appear in person for minors under age 16. If one parent is unable to appear, a notarized letter of consent or other legal documents must be presented. Go to the U.S. State Department website for more information on minors.

Adult Renewals (age 16 and over):

What to Bring

Expand all

Proof of Citizenship

Provide one of the following:

  • A certified birth certificate from the country or state in which you were born
    • The U.S. Department of State requires you to submit your original birth certificate with your passport application. The original will be mailed back to you seven business days after your new passport. The birth certificate must have a raised, embossed, impressed, or multi-colored seal, and it must list both parents. Hospital certificates and photocopies are not acceptable. 
  • A naturalization certificate
  • A certificate of citizenship
  • A full-term, non-limited U.S. Passport book or card (undamaged)

Go to the U.S. State Department website for more information on Citizenship Evidence.

Proof of Identity (Photo Identification)

You will need a valid state or federally issued picture ID such as a driver's license, ID card, military ID, or passport book or card.

Go to the U.S. State Department website for more information on Photo Identification.

Passport Application Form

Forms are available in the Passport Services office, but you are strongly encouraged to download and complete your application form prior to coming to the office.

We will make copies for passport applications for customers at no charge.

  • First-time Applicants: You will need a passport application (form DS-11) for first-time applicants. Download the DS-11 form at the U.S. Department of State website. You should complete the form before coming to the Passport Office, but do not sign the form until you meet with an agent. Note: This form allows you to apply for a Passport Book, Passport Card, or both. Decide which is best for you.
  • Adult Renewals: Most applicants who were last issued an adult (10-year) passport MUST renew by mail using form DS-82. You can still visit the Passport Office to get your photo
  • Minor Renewals: Children under 16 cannot renew their passport. They must apply in person, following the same procedure as first-time applicants.

Passport Photo

Don't worry about getting your photo taken beforehand. We provide passport and visa photo services on site.

Payment of Fees

  • You will pay two separate fees: a passport application fee and an execution fee. Learn more about Passport Fees.
  • Bring a check or money order made out to the U.S. Department of State for your passport application fee.
  • Tip: You can get a money order from any U.S. Post Office location.