The Passport Office is open Monday–Thursday, 11 a.m–4 p.m. Appointments are required.
Email email@example.com or call 612-625-5186 to make an appointment. Same-day appointments may be allowed if the schedule permits.
Remember to bring your mask. See our COVID-19 safety procedures for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I renew my passport?
- Most passport renewals MUST be done by mail. Check the U.S. Department of State website to see if you need to apply by mail or in person.
- If you do need to renew by mail, you can still stop in to get your passport photo taken.
Do I need a passport book or card?
- The passport card is only valid for land border crossings and sea ports-of-entry in Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda.
- A passport book is valid for all international travel by air, sea, or land.
- See the U.S. Department of State website to help decide which option best for you.
What form should I use?
- The U.S. Department of State has a quiz to help you determine which form is necessary in your particular situation.
Can I pay with a credit card?
- The passport application fee must be paid by check or money order to the U.S. Department of State. The execution fee and photos may be paid for with a credit card.
Does everyone applying for a passport have to be present?
- Yes, everyone has to be present for the entire process. For minors under age 16, both parents must be present.
How do I replace a lost or stolen passport?
- You need to apply in person to get a new passport. Find out more on the U.S. Department of State website.
Do I have to submit my original birth certificate, passport, or certificate of naturalization?
- Yes, the U.S. Department of State requires the originals. The original will be mailed back to you 7 business days after your new passport.
How long will it take to get my passport?
- The Department of State significantly reduced passport operations in March 2020 due to COVID-19. They are resuming operations in phases. Learn more about current passport processing times on their website.
Can I get my passport in less than two weeks?
- Call the National Passport Information Center (1-877-487-2778) or go to their website for more information.
Can you email me my photo?
- Yes, we can provide digital copies.